Please contact Pat.Gee@LSI-Industries.com
Sells products and develops specifications for manufacturer to distributor, consultant or end users by performing the following duties. Develops manufacturer's representatives as an extension of the sales team. Works with all other channel managers and calls on all outlets of vertical market chains.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains professional presence and uses discretion with actions and speech.
- Knows our products and technologies. Gives us steady and reliable voice of the customer information about products, prices and trends.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Identifies important distributor customers in the region who can influence purchasing decisions. Maintains effective relationships with them and publicizes key information to LSI leaders.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers (min
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples, catalogs, or electronic presentations, and emphasizes salable features.
- Helps LSI leaders understand new product market and gathers market intelligence.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Coordinates customer training.
The RSM is the LSI executive with primary accountability for sales performance by the agencies in their territories.
- Maintains and keeps current an action register of significant LSI quote pipelines by agency. Keeps agencies aware of your expectation of relentless follow-up for order commitments. Assist agencies as needed to close business and advocate market-level pricing that is relevant to the LSI quotation department to assist your agencies.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Acts as advocate for the manufacturer's representatives while working with distributors, end users and the plant. Provides guidance and support. Strengthens representative relationships and ensures they will go the extra mile when asked.
- Delegates projects to the sales support team. Builds positive relationships with peers and support team to ensure projects are completed to their expectations.
- Supports corporate initiatives as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years of related industry experience and/or training. $ year degree preferred but not required.
Speaking and professional skills are at parity or better than the persons encountered in you
work activities at electrical wholesalers, consulting engineering firms and agencies.