POSITION OVERVIEW: With the proliferation of LED technology, Hatch Lighting is currently witnessing the fastest growth curve in our 30+ years in the Lighting industry. To meet the tremendous demand, we are actively pursuing an aggressively focused Regional Sales Manager for our OEM business segment. The preferred state of residency for this position should be in Texas. The region includes Texas and adjacent states Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and New Mexico.
JOB MISSION: The mission of this full time sales position is to expand the sales of Hatch Lighting products to both new and existing OEM customers and other strategic channels in the assigned territory. Providing the highest levels of customer service and meeting the expressed needs of the customer and company when dealing directly with and on behalf of customers is critical. The company’s main products are LED Drivers and a complete range of electronic and magnetic power supplies for lighting. The effectiveness of the position will be measured by the person’s ability meet established objectives and identify/qualify new opportunities to increase sales and market acceptance within existing and target markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Focus on new OEM business prospecting and direct customer contact to achieve territory sales goals while supporting Hatch Lighting’s corporate initiatives.
2. Service existing customer base, obtain orders and establish new accounts through effective planning and organizing of daily work schedule.
3. Build and maintain strong relationships with accounts while cultivating respect, support and establishing the foundation of business partnering.
4. Assist in the implementation of programs designed to increase sales and profitability at new and existing customers.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with key industry allies as directed.
6. Develop and maintain working relationships and secure specification approval with lighting designers, specification firms and end users as directed.
7. Diligent in conducting daily CRM and account information maintenance.
8. Keeping management informed on key territory activity through weekly work plans in addition to monthly and annual territory analyses as requested.
9. Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, strengths and weaknesses, key relationships and other pertinent information.
10. Participate in industry trade associations as identified and directed.
11. Develop and maintain close working relationships with Strategic Accounts in order to secure support and favorable specification position with retail, commercial and institutional accounts for their stores and facilities as directed.
12. Live within the defined territory and in close proximity to a major airport
13. Overnight travel up to 50.0%
14. Manage territory expense budget to approved limits (using the company “T & E Guidelines”).
15. Other projects and duties as designated.
- Seven years minimum outside technical sales lighting experience. Lighting sales experience required includes LED driver product experience and other lighting product sales.
- Competitive “Self-starter” with ability to manage time effectively and with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Thorough understanding of major customer classifications
- Thorough understanding of major market channels and segments
- Thorough understanding of markets served and competition
- Significant and established industry contacts and business relationships with emphasis on Lighting OEM’s, Lighting Designers and Specifiers, LED Manufacturers and Other Industry Allies
- Proven and verifiable track record of success in sales and customer service roles
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with others in a “team” environment.
- Highly competent and proficient in the use of computers and data base software, including but not limited to Sales Force/CRM, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Four year bachelor degree (Engineering related discipline beneficial).
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. To include the following components: Base salary, Incentive plan, Automobile Allowance and Employee Benefit Program (including but not limited to: Health Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Dental and Life Insurance).
Reimbursement for all company approved business and travel related expenses.
OTHER HELPFUL EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Existing Lighting Industry Contacts
- Goal and growth oriented
- Ability to understand, communicate and explain technical information
- Understands the concept of “sales creativity”
- Understanding of “Strategic Selling” process
- Experience selling at multiple levels and identifying organization decision makers
- Outgoing personality and professional appearance
- Excellent communications skills including – use of phone, manners and voice as well as a good vocabulary and letter writing skills
- Multi tasking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Familiarity with domestic and international lighting market requirements
- Bi-lingual (i.e. English and second language)
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.