Now is your chance to join the revolution!
Are you inspired by fast decision making, constant innovation, and passionate people? How about a “startup” culture with the resources of a 20+ year-old, one billion-dollar Company?
Cree is a fast growing semiconductor company that is driving the LED lighting revolution. We are a market leading innovator of LED chips, components, modules, and fixtures as well as transistors for wireless and power applications. We do not accept the status quo. We innovate and pioneer. We invent barrier-breaking technology with no compromises.
Cree brings the most groundbreaking products to market and sets the industry standards through our commitment to innovation. If you like being first to market with the highest quality products, keep reading…
We currently have an opening for a Southeast and Northeast Strategic Account Manager within our Lighting Sales group. The Southeast candidate will ideally be located in Atlanta, Durham, Orlando, or Tampa area. The Northeast candidate will ideally be located in NYC, Jersey, Boston, or Washington D.C. Metro area.
The primary purpose of the Cree Lighting Strategic Account Manager is the development and management of the Cree Lighting revenue stream to national electrical distributors. Successful job execution requires excellence/participation in all aspects of the sales process: from the development and execution of business plans, establishment/achievement of sales targets, and after the sale follow-up. This position will be responsible for driving revenue through customer/end user development, but will also require close collaboration with all field sales touch points, marketing, and customer service, while maintaining a relationship with; management/engineering personnel, applications personnel, production and manufacturing staff. Travel requirements for this position could be at times up to 60% or more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet and exceed Cree Lighting revenue targets.
- Develop annual business plans supported with hard revenue targets driven around end user sales development.
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently manage various activities with minimal supervision.
- Provide competitive market information to management to help drive the direction of product marketing and development.
- Propose new product opportunities to customer sales teams based on customer needs, timing, and compliance with Cree Lighting core competencies, competitive intensity and general segment attractiveness.
- Maintain a new business pipeline and relentlessly pursue opportunities to broaden our markets.
- Meets or exceeds quota consistently
- Maintains detailed customer records on an on-going basis, and provides additional written detail on important customer developments or feedback by request. This includes providing weekly updates on sales-to-quota and market activities.
- Participates professionally and freely with Cree Lighting senior management on the business development and planning process. Proactively participates in key planning discussions.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and sales teams
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- College degree
- 3-5 Years general sales experience in the lighting industry
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
- 5+ years of sales experience (sales and/or key account) in the lighting industry
- Demonstrated history of sales/business development success.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques
- Experience with Energy based economic analysis tools (NPV, ROI, IRR)
- Ability to conduct energy audits and provide total cost of ownership proposal to C-Suite
- Familiarity with utility incentives and rebate capture process
- Business or marketing degree preferred / LC certified
In return for your expertise, Cree offers a challenging work environment, along with a competitive compensation package. We offer a combination of group health and welfare plans and options to our employees to meet their personal needs. In addition, we offer a 401k Plan, Quarterly Incentive Cash Compensation Plan, Life Insurance, Educational Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and an On-Site Fitness Center, just to name a few.
Visit our website www.cree.com/careers and apply online today! If we think you have what we’re looking for, a member of our Recruiting Team will contact you directly.