Job Title: Sales Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for initiating, developing and maintaining a relationship with agents, distribution showrooms, and vertical market customers in the Commercial market that will result in sales growth of Barn Light Commercial Lighting. This position will have responsibility of working in the specified territory and/or agent assignment, which includes training of customers and end users, sales forecasting for the territory and day-to-day sales activity and manage inside sales activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales and profit objectives established in conjunction with Barn Light management. SM's should target opportunities to be focused on each year with lighting agents.
- Work in coordination with the Barn Light Sales Support Team.
- Train, motivate, direct and control the activities of the sales representatives as they relate to Barn Light products.
- Train and motivate lighting agent, distributors, show rooms, and National Accounts to sell Barn Light products.
- Prepare proposals and sell projects to major end users in conjunction with the agent representatives.
- Maintain contact with specifiers, contractors and distributors representatives within boundaries of supporting lighting agents.
- Prepare and perform presentations to all levels of the sales chain.
- Working with marketing on new product introductions as required within the timeline frame allowed.
- Completing monthly reports and special assignments on or before due dates.
- Maintain satisfactory call frequencies with all major customer responsibilities within the region
- Participate in Trade Shows and industry group activities.
- Research and self-educate yourself on industry technology and the lighting market.
- Communicate to management all issues, problems, results, and successes within territory. This would include all Barn Light GM's and provide Barn Light owners weekly summary information through Barn Light Commercial GM.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures within department, across departments, and as a team.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action with the assistance of Human Resource Manager.
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred to live within one hour to major airport and in the appropriate region of the country.
- Lighting certified
- Strong technical background and commercial lighting experience.
- Experience with working with lighting representatives and the Lighting Industry for at least 8 years
- Strong computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree with five to seven (+) years of related Industry sales experience
Interested candidates should contact Damaris Garcia at Dgarcia@barnlightelectric.com.