The Goal of Metalumen Manufacturing is to become the leading manufacturer of architectural lighting products in North America. We deal honestly and fairly with our customers and fellow employees. We will endeavor to provide the highest levels of quality throughout design and manufacturing. Outstanding customer service and reliability are essential in all actions of the employees of this organization. We will create and maintain a learning and educational environment by focusing on service. We will be innovative in our process.
Position Title: Regional Sales Manager, US West and Canada West
Supervisor: Sales Group Manager
Reporting directly to the Sales Group Manager of Metalumen Manufacturing Inc., you would be responsible for increasing sales and maintaining or increasing current margins. The Regional Sales Manager will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to agent and customer sites. You will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with agents/customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Assists with the definition of overall strategic direction, strategies and priorities of the sales department
- Translates finalized strategic direction into practical operating plans for implementation within your territory
- Manages a comprehensive, resilient agent and client base to drive business initiatives
- Consolidates and reports progress against plan to senior management and colleagues
- Reviews and refines plan/program intentions against actual practices and outcomes
- Ensures key agent/customer acquisition, retention and development
- Assists and supports the development of product / service offerings, pricing and performance criteria
- Detects and reports territory market trends and opportunities and recommends responsive action
- Prepares market / competitive analyses and forecasts as required to optimize territory effectiveness
- Promotes and enhances general awareness of organizational / strategic intentions, goals and standards to our agent and customer base
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a manufacturing setting, lighting industry knowledge an asset
- Experience successfully managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, from start to finish
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret customers’ production drawings and technical specifications.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in the performance of the job functions, where the confidentiality of the information used and solicited in the performance of these duties is to be maintained without question.
- Ability to assimilate and interpret significant amounts of information.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply new interpretations and applications to existing or familiar concepts and/or situations in a problem-solving mode.
- Ability to prioritize a series of related tasks so to introduce effectiveness and/or efficiency to an outcome.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely while maintaining a friendly and cooperative atmosphere.
- Up to 25% travel expected
- Western Canada – Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Western USA – Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Utah and Arizona
- Territory is subject to change
Interested candidates should contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org