IOTA Engineering is a pioneer and leader in the emergency lighting industry, expanding its product lines to AC/DC power converters, and battery charging equipment. Our innovative and reliable product designs are widely used throughout many diverse industries.
Our company is a leader in the industry and has an exciting and dedicated goal to expand and double the business. With over 48 years’ experience in the field, and sales in all 50 states, we pride ourselves in the superior quality of our products and customer service. Due to the needs and demands of our customers, we are constantly striving to offer the latest development of quality high-tech electronics.
We are dedicated to the success of our employees and offer a collaborative work environment where each employee can thrive. We offer a work atmosphere that is both pleasant and challenging, where opportunities for improvement abound and benefits are included.
IOTA is adding 2 Regional Sales Managers to the team to manage the Central Region and the Southeast Region of the US.
The Regional Sales Manager will be primarily responsible for agent, OEM and distribution sales within the designated region. This individual will utilize their knowledge of the lighting industry to increase sales and market share for IOTA’s existing line of emergency battery and inverter products and pursue market position for new products. This position requires that the individual be hard-working and have a desire to grow with the company’s long term goals.
- All tasks involved in managing the company’s Agent base in the assigned central or southeast region of the country as well as designated OEM accounts
- Make sales calls and give product presentations to electrical engineers and electrical distributors
- Travel minimum 15 business days per month
- Provide adequate training to manufacturer’s representatives and evaluate the need for representation improvement when needed.
- All tasks involved in the daily operations of the Sales Department, including but not limited to:
- Determine price schedules for key accounts and competitive bid opportunities.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Address and resolve customer service issues
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Utilize CRM to manage territory contacts, opportunities and successes
- Other tasks as necessary
- Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Communication skills are imperative as this position must be able to interact and communicate with our customers, potential customers, other departments within the company, and supporting agencies.
*Verbal skills to facilitate meetings, communicate with executives and co-workers, and have excellent customer service communication with customers and supporting agencies. In addition, must be able to explain technical information to customers regarding the use of our products.
*Writing skills to communicate well via e-mail with customers, co-workers and supporting agencies, and to organize data and explain technical details.
*Listening skills to understand the concerns and problems a customer is experiencing and respond accordingly.
- Time Management to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Reading Comprehension: Must be able to read wiring diagrams and installation instructions.
- Basic math skills
- Analytical Skills are necessary when working to resolve field issues with our products.
Experience and Education
- The candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the lighting or electrical industry
- Associates’ degree in a technical or business field minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management or technical related field is desirable
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Office environment
- Travel not less than 70%
- Valid drivers’ license and clean driving record