Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Distribution & Contractor
SELL PRODUCTS THAT MAKE AN IMPACT
Are you inspired by fast decision-making, constant innovation, and passionate people? How about a “startup” culture with the resources of a one billion-dollar, 20+ year-old, company?
Cree is a fast growing semiconductor company that is driving the LED lighting revolution. We are a market leading innovator of LED chips, components, modules, and we are leading the LED Revolution for Lighting. We do not accept the status quo. We innovate and pioneer. We invent barrier-breaking technology with no compromises.
Cree brings the most groundbreaking products to market and sets the industry standards through our commitment to innovation. If you like being first to market with the highest quality products, keep reading…
We currently have several openings for a Regional Sales Manager – Distribution & Contractor Markets. The ideal candidates will be located in the following Regions:
- Mid-Atlantic (DC to Maine)
- NW (Co to AK)
- So Cal
- Southeast (MS to VA)
- Upper Midwest (Il to Dakotas)
- Central Midwest (OH to KS)
- Nor Cal
- Central (NY to LA)
The primary purpose of this position is to drive alignment between Cree Agents, Distributors and Contractors in the Electrical, Lighting Specialty and Industrial markets. For you, the selling relationship is everything. You are able to grow your assigned account base because of your unparalleled ability to satisfy your customer’s needs through the relationships you possess and create. This position will have responsibility of working in the Region to establish Cree as a stocking brand for selected distributor locations. Responsibilities include revenue generating tasks such as following up on registration and quotes, stocking level analysis, pricing, contract compliance and goal setting and reviews with Cree Agency and distribution partners. In this role you will also be responsible for promotion and go-to market strategies for the product line. This involves managing the Distributor Ally Program, scheduling and conducting training with distribution partners (with help from marketing), and coordination of new broad market campaigns with client distribution team as well as regional/local distribution branches. You will also assist with lighting audits and promotional pushes through the distribution channel as well as coordination of collateral generation and distribution of materials. Travel requirements for this position could be at times up to 60% or more. Cree does offer a Car Program, as most travel is within a concentrated geographic area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Present new products and educate Distributor locations on the benefits to develop new shelf slots and to create pull within Regional Distributor chains
- Establish a presence as a “go-to” resource in the Region for Joint Sales calls with Agents, Vertical Sales teams, and other Cree Sales personnel. Support the effort of vertical sales channels as needed
- Aid in the implementation & management of the Distributor Ally Program, working with those distributors who require assistance in operating within guidelines of the program.
- Lead or assist with changeovers or transitions of Cree Products into distributors locations, in merging of areas of responsibility and in managing all other distribution change practices as required
- Establish marketing plans/programs to support stock sales
- Establish relationships and provide training to the Contractor Market in the assigned Region
- Work with distributors who are having business related issues, assisting in those areas that are related to Cree. Survey Cree distributors on supplier/customer relationship, and suggest improvement opportunities
- Aid in overall management of customer satisfaction survey relative to distributor performance with end customers, and other channel research as needed
- To dramatically increase the specification and sales of our lighting products within the region
- Provide training and tools to enhance distributor personnel comfort with LED
- Conduct goal setting meetings and periodic reviews with distribution partners to ensure agreement with performance against distribution incentive programs, product needs are met and objectives are set for the Cree product line.
• Meets or exceeds quota consistently
• Maintains detailed customer records on an on-going basis, and provides additional written detail on important customer developments or feedback by request. This includes providing weekly updates on sales-to-quota and market activities.
• Participates professionally and freely with Cree Lighting senior management on the business development and planning process. Proactively participates in key planning discussions.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to develop and grow relationships with customers’ managerial and sales teams
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling into Distribution channels (commodity markets preferred) and sell products to Regional or Super-Regional distribution partners
- Experience developing and implementing distribution strategies and managing product changeovers
- Demonstrated high level of account retention performance in a competitive, dynamic marketplace.
- Successful experience in working with various levels of customer management and different business groups – internal and external to your customer
- Computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Internet Research, and PowerPoint
- College Degree Required
- 3-7 years experience direct sales experience in selling to Distributors and end users (not channel sales) within the targeted region.
- Ability to develop presentations that communicate the Cree value proposition with Distributor leadership and enduser targets.
- Demonstrated history of growing accounts through the relationships you create
- Knowledge of consultative selling and negotiating techniques, understanding of basic market research techniques, demonstrating products and communicating value
- Business, Finance or Marketing degree preferred
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- 3+ years of sales experience in the lighting industry
In return for your expertise, Cree offers a challenging work environment, along with a competitive compensation package. We offer a combination of group health and welfare plans and options to our employees to meet their personal needs. In addition, we offer a 401k Plan, Quarterly Incentive Cash Compensation Plan, Life Insurance, Educational Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and an On-Site Fitness Center, just to name a few.
Visit our website www.cree.com/careers and apply online today! If we think you have what we’re looking for, a member of our Recruiting Team will contact you directly.
- Stay in touch with us…
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CreeCareers & http://twitter.com/Cree
- Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CreeLEDRevolution
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/Cree
- Watch us on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreeInc