IOTA is a leading manufacturer of emergency lighting equipment, AC/DC power converters, and fluorescent DC inverter ballasts. Our innovative and reliable product designs are widely used throughout many diverse industries.
Our company is a leader in the industry and has an exciting and dedicated goal to expand and double the business. With over 45 years’ experience in the field, and sales in all 50 states, we pride ourselves in the superior quality of our products and customer service. Due to the needs and demands of our customers, we are constantly striving to offer the latest development of quality high-tech electronics.
We are dedicated to the success of our employees and offer a collaborative work environment where each employee can thrive. We offer a work atmosphere that is both pleasant and challenging, where opportunities for improvement abound and benefits are included.
We are hiring R&D Design Engineers for both our Tucson, AZ and Collierville, TN locations.
Design and develop emergency lighting drivers for LEDs, emergency lighting low frequency inverters, and other new products relating to lighting electronics, including controls, and interface circuitry. Also guide and direct design of PCBs, enclosures, packaging, and/or related equipment. Application of power electronics, switch mode power supply circuit design, and electronics for lighting, includes design of voltage, current, and power regulators, and analog & digital controls. Perform feasibility studies for new technologies and new product ideas, pre-development, and product development from conception to initial production. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Design and develop new products such as; emergency lighting LEDs drivers, emergency lighting low frequency inverters, and other new products relating to lighting electronics that meet specified quality, reliability, performance, and costs targets.
- Design and develop battery charger & battery management circuits.
- Design, coordinate, and hold design reviews, providing deliverables such as: complete Bill-of-Materials, block-diagrams, schematics, drawings, PCB design documentation, specifications, test data results, and other necessary documentation and information.
- Sr. Lead Development Engineer on team projects. May supervise or coordinate the work of other engineers, PCB & Mechanical, technicians Prepare completed working prototype samples, including samples for the UL Client Test Data program, and production.
- Guide and assist product/sustaining engineers in the UL Client Test Data Program, validating alternate components or processes, ensuring product quality & reliability particularly as it applies to Failure Mode and Effects analysis for new or major redesigned products.
- Develop and execute reliability studies, which includes successful on-site or off-site installations and conduct reliability tests and analysis for new or major redesigned products.
- Write, document, and provide special manufacturing guidelines and test specifications for new products, materials, or processes.
- Determine the proper materials that are to be used in each product and participate in test programs for new materials.
- Specify and monitor tests for product compliance with the applicable standards required by qualifying agencies; i.e. UL, FCC, etc.
- Evaluate product or material performance as necessary to support the Quality, Manufacturing, and Field Service functions.
- Issue complete and concise reports regarding the performance of new or improved products, as well as competing products.
- Participate in the initial production phase of manufacturing inquiries and problems.
- Utilize analytical modeling tools, when applicable, to insure initial design can meet target specifications.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Ability to conduct research, and quickly learn and adapt new technologies and apply toward the design of new electronic products
- Skilled at hands-on bench-top design of electronics for lighting or related fields
- Strong Electrical Engineering and technical skills with expert knowledge in an appropriate discipline
- Ability to work with a team in a matrix organization and interact with and contribute to cross-functional teams, supporting senior personnel
- Ability to use personal computers, especially using spreadsheets and word processing software
- Analytical and problem solving skills and good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage functional elements of a project and balance innovation and creativity with mindful regard to a project schedule with strong sense of urgency
- Knowledge of UL standards and compliance standards such as FCC EMI
- Knowledge of embedded microcontroller products helpful.
Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Make technical decisions based upon his/her observations and consults with more experienced/senior engineers and team
- Superior ability to create documentation and advance the teams product development efforts, and create transparency throughout the design/development process
- Use own judgment in overcoming minor technical problems that arise, readily informing team members, and effectively seeking direction/advice from senior members/supervisor.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
Experience and Education
- BSEE with some post graduate work in an appropriate Engineering discipline with 5+ years of appropriate design/development experience of products
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
*We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for advancement within the organization. Visit our website at www.iotaengineering.com
Interested candidates should be submitted to Julie Saldana, firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.