Position is responsible for leading and mentoring our quotations department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead quotation department reporting to agency principal.
- Hire, mentor, motivate team members. Captain of the ship.
- Develop bid strategies to grow project sales.
- Develop and implement follow-up system for project quotations to improve hit ratio.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, manufacturers, and outside sales associates
- Develop special territory pricing with manufacturer partners.
- Successfully manage assigned project bids to meet weekly bid calendar
- Collaborate with Specification Sales managers on projects of interest.
- Collaborate with Director of Distribution on project/stock business and leverage for discretionary business. .
- Monitor quote inflow and adjust as warranted.
- Actively manage quick-quotes to see if there is a return on investment
- Compile database for project budget pricing.
- Direct VE process in conjunction with quote person.
- Lead Project of Interest bid strategy meetings.
- Schedule and lead project kick-off meetings and monitor projects of interest through submittal stage.
- Knowledge of the Lighting Industry, 5+ years of experience in quotations with operations experience a plus.
- Candidate shall be a self-motivated and positive person looking to grow our agencies current position in the market.
- Ability to work successfully with other team members
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, OASIS or Agile.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and sense of urgency and Team focus
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while setting priorities, strong organizational skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, proactive and willing to learn and grow with the company
- Demonstrate leadership and motivational skills.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits including health insurance, paid vacation and 401K.