Cree Lighting - Product Portfolio Management
JOIN THE REVOLUTION
The LED Lighting Revolution will not come to life on its’ own; people, corporations and institutions are the LED Lighting Revolutionaries. Creating light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure and cleanest energy is the energy that is not used. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting Revolution by showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined.
Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping to realize energy efficient lighting products in every country, city and home but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced and satisfying work environment where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an integral member of our cutting edge engineering teams.
Are you a revolutionary?
We currently have an opening for a Senior Product Portfolio Manager with our LED Lighting group, located in either our Durham, NC headquarters, or our Racine, WI facility. If you’re an experienced lighting marketing professional now is your chance to join the LED Lighting Revolution.
Cree has a track record for launching breakthrough products that crush paradigms and enable new markets. We are seeking an innovative product manager with the ambition, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit to help us define and launch our next generation of industry leading products.
The Senior Product Portfolio Manager is responsible for ensuring that their assigned product category(s) establish or expand a dominant leadership position in the industry. Critical activities include; close market engagement and intelligence gathering to determine what products to do next, creation of product requirements, collaboration with key stakeholders to drive products through development to launch, and product lifecycle management.
- Identify product and market opportunities and gaps
- Create and maintain category market landscape and Cree’s position within it
- Develop opportunity assessments and/or business cases for all proposed products within category
- Drive the product prioritization process for assigned categories
- Write detailed Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) that drive product development
- Work with New Product Engineering to translate MRDs into detailed Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)
- Drive product design decisions to ensure technology solutions exceed market needs
- Communicate internal and external launch roadmaps
- Establish pricing for new products
- Adjust portfolio pricing as market conditions warrant
- Manage overall product portfolio and lifecycle
- Work with Product Marketing, Operations, and Engineering to ensure all new product launch deliverables are delivered on time and on target
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of lighting industry experience
- 4-6 years of product management /marketing experience
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong written / presentation and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, creative thinker, with a strong drive to achieve
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing market and company conditions
- Engineering or technical undergraduate degree
- B.S. Architectural Engineering – Illumination Emphasis
- 4-6 years of product management/marketing experience
- 3-5 years of lighting fixture manufacturer experience
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching new products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Please visit our website to submit a resume for consideration – www.cree.com/careers
- Click the Job Listings Tab, then select the link to Job Opportunities
- Then search the job title or job # in the “Current Job Opportunities” window.
- Product Management/Portfolio Manager – LED Lighting - #951715