A major lighting manufacturer (conglomerate) has a confidential opening for an experienced product manager.
- Analyze market and competition to develop and execute a continuous three year product plan that delivers brand preference and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop and execute sales growth strategy, including but not limited to new products, market segmentation, pricing, promotions, programs, etc.
- Develop and execute profitability improvement strategy through manufacturing/ sourcing trade-off studies, design improvements and standardization, product rationalization, pricing, etc.
- Specifies new product requirements (product features, schedule, costs) and drives development process and launch of product with all collateral and launch elements needed.
- Forecast brand sales by product families.
- Develop stocking strategies for brand, ensuring finished goods inventory is within policy and excess inventory is minimized.
- Identify, develop and maintain all product collateral: PSG, spec sheets, brochures, promotion pieces, carton graphics, sell sheets, launch packages, web site.
- Develop and provide product training for customers, sales force and internal support functions.
- Establish and control brand marketing budget.
- Represent assigned brands at sales meetings, industry functions and trade shows.
- Develop marketing plan in conjunction with Marketing Communications Manager, creating a calendar for new product launches, ads, trade shows, “road shows,” etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering OR ten years experience in lighting-related product management.
- Experience in product management or engineering required, with project management and budget management responsibility.
- Minimum five years experience in the lighting industry. Prefer experience in outdoor lighting.
- Strong leadership, influence and team-building skills.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated sound decision making capability.
- Current knowledge of HID (magnetic and electronic), compact fluorescent and LED lighting.
- PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Project)
- SAP experience a plus.
- Knowledge of UL/CUL/CSA standards preferred.
For consideration send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org