Responsible for the design and documentation of light fixtures compliant with applicable codes, developing product drawings on CAD, Bill of Materials, and virtual 3D models. This position will also help to build prototypes, inspect incoming parts and install production ready products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for designing lighting fixtures as directed.
a. Create 3D part and assembly files.
b. Design parts to be compatible with the manufacturing processes required per fixture type.
c. Complete dimensional tolerance stack-ups to confirm part fit
d. Must be able to communicate design intent clearly written and verbal form.
e. Capable of taking direction and executing a design per verbal direction
2. Responsible for inspection of incoming parts and assemblies per the original design intent.
3. Generate a Bill of Material based on the approved design for use with production and purchasing.
4. Maintain documentation for part drawings, BOM’s, part specifications, and design revisions.
5. Immediately communicate design issues and delays to reduce schedule conflicts.
6. Install prototypes and production products to confirm fit, finish and ease of installation.
7. Contributes to the team effort by assisting others as needed. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of Engineering.
Must have medium to advanced skill level with SolidWorks. Knowledge of light fixtures, UL standards, building construction technology, manufacturing and electricity is highly desired.
Contact email@example.com to apply.