As a proud advocate for manufacturing in the U.S.A., Kenall has become a champion in developing advanced lighting solutions, systems and controls for high abuse, transportation, security detention, and sealed enclosure for healthcare, cleanroom, containment and food processing environments. Kenall has an open position for a Product Applications Specialist.
The Product Applications Specialist will act as product specialist for Sales Department by responding to internal and field inquiries regarding technical aspects/applications of Kenall products. This position will field requests for special and international applications of Kenall products and provide input to Management regarding field developments and Kenall product applications.
- Field and respond to internal inquiries and field inquiries regarding more complex questions regarding the technical aspects or application of Kenall products
- Field all requests for international application of Kenall products within pre-established parameters
- Has direct contact with specifiers (with agents authorization) to provide for their specific needs
- Work closely with Sales to get Kenall product on new specs that are most advantageous from a manufacturing perspective consistent with other objectives. Provide guidance to Quotations in this regard when doing crossovers.
- Stay abreast of competitor products and work closely with Sales to tactically position Kenall products on the benefits of Kenall products versus our competitors.
- Field requests for special application of Kenall products.
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and sales to assure that when there is an option, the product being specified or supplied is the most expedient and highest margin for the company to provide.
- Upon approval, develop submittals that provide a clear understanding and acceptance of proposed product modifications.
- Review and/or format new spec sheet information for technical data and options available for new product.
- Provide input to Marketing and Product Development regarding field developments and the application of Kenall products.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar applications engineering, field support or technical pre-sales position
- Demonstrated ability to display strong customer service and technical skills
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Strong knowledge of lighting and lighting products
- Proven ability to work closely with manufacturing functions
- Capable of managing a technical product line.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as required to discuss training, general direction and other position-related tasks.
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude and possess the ability to work in a professional manner with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
Committed to advancing the state of lighting, Kenall is an established organization with a proven track record of excellence and great corporate culture. If you share our drive, professionalism and enthusiastic spirit and would like to be a part of a growing organization, we would like to hear from you!
Apply online at https://goo.gl/aUsd0m