Northern Regional Sales Manager covering the following states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota.
The Northern Regional Sales Manager coordinates sales activities for IR-Tec America’s lighting controls and serves as facilitator between the manufacturer’s representatives / agents, OEM rep and/or other accounts to ensure optimization of sales and marketing efforts. Living in a major city within this region is required.
- Sales and coordination within the assigned region for the full line of product, application development / sales / and installation.
- Coordination within the assigned region for sales programs and ensuring successful planning at the representative level.
- Serves as focal point of contact for agents for sales related activity and as a driver of regional agent sales activities.
- Provides technical services / sales or presentation.
- Coordinates sales related projects.
- Achieving or exceeding sales budgets within the region.
- Implements all marketing or other programs and new product introductions as required within the time frame allowed.
- Completes monthly reports and special assignments on or before due dates.
- Maintains satisfactory call frequencies with all major customer responsibilities within the region.
- Develops expertise in the products and systems represented in order to act as a resource for agencies in training and making joint calls with sales representatives and in helping close orders and/or specifications.
- Works in conjunction with other IR-Tec America personnel as necessary to secure orders.
- Acts as regional resource for training on the appropriate products or services with personnel, as necessary.
- Attend regional and national trade shows as required.
- BS/BA in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, or other Industrial or Engineering Management disciplines preferred. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Two (+) years of lighting controls sales experience or other industry experience directly related to these markets and channels of distribution within the detailed region is needed.
- Agent sales or specification sales experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales and strong electrical based knowledge is needed, a background including lighting controls, technologies and applications.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Outstanding sales presentation skills are a must, as are excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- 50-75% regional overnight travel (primarily Monday through Friday) is required.
- IR-TEC America Inc., is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this position please e-mail Ken Lancos at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and salary requirements. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.