XICATO, the Company: Xicato is a Solid State Lighting company founded by seasoned industry professionals, with offices located in Silicon Valley (California, HQ), London (UK) and Tokyo. Xicato develops manufactures and globally markets LED modules that simply are functional replacements for traditional lamp technologies, offering all the life and energy-saving advantages of LEDs with no light-technical or aesthetic compromises. Xicato is committed to address the whole broad sphere of the general illumination world, taking on segment by segment with our annual new product launches. Xicato is being built by a team of outstanding employees with diverse backgrounds that have a lot fun accomplishing amazing amounts of important work.
BENEFITS and CAREER: Our competitive compensation package includes a solid base and of course an attractive option plan. In addition, we provide better than average medical and dental benefits. We prefer to hire/promote from within, meaning that if you consistently deliver results, the opportunity exists to grow rapidly within the company, both in leadership and expert roles.
THE JOB: We have a need for a National Accounts Sales Manager. This position will be responsible for:
- Analyzing existing and potential National Accounts and named end user’s, identifying their needs and then developing a strategic and tactical Sales plan that will promote Xicato’s products and services.
- Xicato sells components to Fixture Manufacturers (OEMs) and thus does not sell directly to end users. This position is to create upstream demand for our OEM customers. Thus, you will need understand the existing Xicato customer base, be able to ascertain which OEMs products make sense for the particular space and be able to articulate why the Xicato source makes sense within the built environment you are selling through.
- You will make certain that you directly develop relationships with National accounts and named end users, as well as develop new clients. You will also need to with the Xicato OEM sales team and develop relationships with the account managers to allow swift engagement with our OEM customers
- Since each end-use environment will different value drivers, you will be required to craft and articulate the Xicato value proposition in the language your client will understand. You will do this by leveraging your knowledge of the US channel that sells into the end user community and your existing relationships with National accounts and end users along with your strong product/technical knowledge.
- You are then expected to achieve sales targets and share growth plans.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, communicative, inquisitive, and driven person who enjoys the start-up environment of a fast growing solid state lighting company.
- Analyze existing and potential National account needs and develop and get buy-in to a strategic and tactical plan that will promote Xicato products and services and solutions to national chains and named end users.
- Coordinate required reports to support evaluation of efforts and coordinate meetings between Xicato management and assigned national chain(s) management to support establishment of solid mutually beneficial management relationships.
- Directly manage and develop strategic customer relationships, selling across all levels, to achieve sales targets and share growth plans.
- Develop new National Accounts/end user clients, serving as the key liaison between business and customer
- Leverage your existing relationships with National account and end users, using your strong product/technical knowledge and your understanding of lighting applications.
- Become the Xicato educator by organizing and hosting sessions with Lighting Designers, Architects, Engineering Companies and End Users to help sell through of developed fixtures
- Implement and execute a National Accounts marketing plan in support of the global marketing plan
- Lead and support customer specific, product development and design-in efforts to ensure that project timelines and launch targets are achieved for new product sales.
- Support product marketing activities including product launch, sales training, presentations, developments of sales tools, competitive analysis, and sales forecasting.
- Deliver sales presentations, value-propositions, and product demonstrations to decision makers and influencers at direct served accounts and to support sell-through activities to agents, specifiers, and end users.
- The proven ability to sell value into lighting.
- A complete understanding of needs the end user requires relative to lighting and why lighting is important in the space
- The ability to articulate the benefits of lighting to constituents in the end-use space in an understandable format which they understand
- The ability to take a technical story and translate story to the needs of the end-user
- Minimum of 7-10 years sales/account management experience or 3 to 5 years in lighting design with a proven technical knowledge of lighting
- Strong customer relationships, selling across all levels, to achieve sales targets and share growth plans.
- Develop new clients, serves as the key liaison between business and customer.
- Strong product/technical knowledge and a good understanding of lighting applications.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex ideas across all levels of an organization,
- Strong Presentation and interpersonal skills.
Please send resume to email@example.com