Summary: This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing all external and internal communications for a premier Commercial, Industrial and Residential lighting product manufacturing facility.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions of this position will vary but basic functions will include:
- Develop messaging and positioning that clearly and compellingly tells the story of Simkar, our products and our brand.
- Create, implement and measure the impact of integrated marketing communications plans leveraging all marketing channels - advertising, public relations, digital / social media, newsletters and presentations.
- Collaborate with the marketing, engineering and product management teams to conceptualize and develop copy and marketing content for various promotional campaigns and product launches.
- Oversee execution of press releases, email marketing campaigns and advertisements that promote products, advertise promotions and highlight company and industry news.
- Guide and support management in marketing planning and public relations strategies to ensure alignment with objectives.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and standards in the digital marketing industry.
- Create, review, approve, and revise copy.
- Drive internal campaigns around key business milestones and initiatives; craft informative and compelling internal messages, organizational announcements, scripts and talking points.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Simkar’s website and web presence.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to understand technical information, be concise, and capture interest.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience interacting with executive management.
- Knowledgeable on current communications trends and content marketing trends and practices.
- A track record of developing business-to-business as well as business-to-customer marketing communication strategies, plans, messaging, etc.
- Proven skill in using digital/social media to connect with stakeholders through compelling messages and stories.
- Curious and genuinely interested in learning the business to enhance communications and create new messaging platforms for the brand.
- Experience building and managing communications budgets.
- Experience in publication and ad placement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- Experience: 5-10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Simkar offers a very competitive base salary and bonus structure.
- Interested candidates should send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org