Primary function: plan and manage LED new product development resources and activities within the Engineering dept. Ensures projects and engineering deliverables are in conformance with established schedules and objectives. This position reports directly Director of Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years’ in product development engineering
- 4+ years’ of supervisory experience
- Extensive experience in the development of LED luminiaires required. Preferrably within the downlighting product category.
- Solidworks experience required
- Ability to simplify and explain engineering concepts to educate others
- Ability to apply a wide range of engineering principles to product development
- Knowledge of intellectual property – invention disclosure, patent application and interpretation
- Knowledge of design-for-manufacturing and design-for-quality principles
- Experience with agency product standards and installation regulations
- Experience with CAD and product data management (PDM) software
- Management and leadership skills are required
Interested candidates should contact email@example.com