SDA Lighting’s Lighting Controls division is outpacing the growth of the dynamic market for lighting controls and is currently looking for a qualified and motivated individual to fill a project management and service position in our Lighting Controls division. This person will support the efforts of our outside Controls Salespeople by assisting in the design, quoting, project management and implementation of controls systems. This position includes both in-office and on-site tasks working on a wide variety of system and projects.
- Create basic submittal packages to confirm system design
- Project Management of control system projects from order to completion
- Troubleshooting of installed systems and basic field service.
- Assist in product selection, design of basic riser diagrams, development of specifications and contract documents.
- Serve as a technical resource to agency inside staff as well as customer base.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Technology, Theatrical Production or equivalent technical experience.
- Familiarity with control theory
- Ability to read construction documents
- Understanding of basic electrical distribution within buildings
- Computer skills required: AutoCAD 2D, Basic Excel and Word, and the ability to quickly learn proprietary configuration software for various systems
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
Supplemental, but not required, Qualifications
- Familiarity with building automation systems
- Experience with Theatrical controls and DMX distribution
- Knowledge of Industrial and other control systems
- Knowledge of building energy codes or sustainable building practices
Please note this is a full time position, immediate start preferred. A minimal amount of out of town travel for product training will be required but all day to day responsibilities will be within NYC, Westchester and Long Island.
To apply please contact Jean Jacques firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload files larger than 20MB via this link https://www.dropbox.com/request/HDCVkqyAby0Cc8tv4RCe