Experienced Industrial Designer
Visa Lighting, an Oldenburg Group Company is a Milwaukee-based supplier of architectural lighting products used in large venues, such as universities, malls, healthcare facilities and other exciting locations.
Founded in 1981 by Wayne C. Oldenburg, its facility is located in Glendale, Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in employing only the best - those with a drive and desire to make a difference. This philosophy of employee empowerment has supported three-plus decades of growth and the attainment of leading market positions for each of our brands.
We are looking for an Experienced Industrial Engineer
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the direction of the Vice President of R & D, create new product concepts and designs with a high level of independence and self-direction.
- Collect and analyze architectural market information as it pertains to aesthetics, trends, and competitive manufacturer activities, to identify potential new product and design directions.
- Create and refine concepts as through sketches, renderings, CAD generated solid models or physical models and prototypes.
- Evaluate design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, function and market characteristics and provide input as requested by other departments.
- Produce and/or supervise construction of mock-ups, models, and renderings of design concepts.
- Document and detail new product concepts to fully capture design intent.
- Represent the department on interdisciplinary project teams and ensure that design intent is maintained. Provide recommendations to management for approval/rejection of proposed changes.
- Provide assistance during the development of modified or custom products, including proposing possible design solutions and aesthetic modifications.
- Develop expansions of basic concepts into families and/or multiple applications.
- Assist marketing department in the preparation of trade show displays and sales samples.
- Present new products to customers at trade shows and internal presentations.
EDUCATION PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or architecture preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with significant industrial design experience accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree in art or related field with significant experience in a manufacturing environment accepted.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in industrial design or product design in the field(s) of lighting, related architectural products, or consumer products, required
- High degree of aesthetic creativity.
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to present concepts to co-workers and customers in a manner that transmits design intent.
- Comfortable with constructive criticism and feedback.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Interested persons should apply here.
Benefits Include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and 401K Plus Match.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities / Affirmative Action Employer
We comply with http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf