Executive/Major Account Representative--Chicago, IL
OSRAM SYLVANIA is the #1 lighting manufacturer in North America and a worldwide leader in lighting solutions. Our products feature innovative design and energy saving technology. We sell products for homes, businesses and vehicles primarily under the SYLVANIA brand name in the US, and operate under the OSRAM brand in Europe, China and beyond.Around 60 percent of sales come from energy-efficient products.
As an Executive/Major Account Representative, you will manage sales operations for major customers in the OEM market. You will be responsible for the sales results and development of the OEM lighting business in the Chicago, IL territory, working and coordinating with existing and potential OEM partners. Other important areas of your work will include CRM, pricing, product strategy deployment, management of promotion, distribution structure and brand development for this area. You will be part of the OSI OEM team. We are looking for a self-driven, entrepreneurial person who is willing to put the hard effort that it takes in order to pursue a future career with OSI.
- Using market knowledge and insights from customers, actively recommends the successful and profitable introduction and development of new products, with special emphasis on OEM modules and components in LED lighting.
- Leads Business Development for all OEM sales activities in this region. Successful Candidate must understand and keep abreast of all trends and market requirements.
- Builds an annual market strategic penetration plan to show clear objectives and to meet growth targe
- Develops a sales plan to deliver to agreed targets, delivering bottom line results and agreed margin. Delivering a long-term project plan as well as ensuring delivery of short-term goals.
- Will lead an effective approach through their penetration plan and also respond to General Lighting OEM requests by customers or management team within designated region.
- Will jointly set and also have a fiscal responsibility for General Lighting OEM activity within region.
- Scheduling, preparing and delivering sales presentations to targeted OEM partners and accounts identified.
- Follows, analyzes and reviews industry, market and sales trends to assist in identifying emerging segment formats and/or prospective accounts. They will develop market data criteria in conjunction with the Business Intelligence team to access market trends.
- Collects and distributes competitive information obtained in a proper manner as described in Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Meets with lighting OEM thought leaders to develop and firmly establish market presence and to show commitment to develop its business in the general illumination market.
- Creates input to the marketing team as they develop copy and other marketing communication materials to build end-user awareness and bring building objectives for OSI.
- Apply a logical and processed approach while remaining flexible and entrepreneurial in nature. Insuring that the customer’s voice is not lost within the internal noise of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
This position requires the ability to work and influence cross functional teams, well-developed communication skills and demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute detailed, complex projects, plans within an agreed-to time frame.
Education: BS in Marketing or Business plus minimum 7 yrs related expereince required to be proficient in the role. Incumbents may have 10-20 yrs related experience.
Along with a highly competitive salary, OSI offers full medical benefits, matching 401K, extensive wellness programs and tuition reimbursement. Our location offers a business casual environment, free parking, an on-site cafeteria, on-site fitness center with classes and a great working environment. If you are thinking about an exciting change and challenge this is the place to be!
OSRAM SYLVANIA wishes to deal directly with our best and brightest candidates.
We do not work with third party recruiters.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all candidates to apply directly to our site.
To apply, click here.