Evenlite, a leader in the lighting industry, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project-Electrical Engineer. We desire people who can use their unique skills to excel and complete challenging technical projects and reward people that that make a difference. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
As a key contributor to our technical team you will work with our Sr. Electrical and Sr. Mechanical Engineers developing new products and supporting existing products. As a product designer you will have the opportunity to explore topologies and layout devices for the lighting industry using CAD tools and other resources.
Knowledge of Safety Agency certification and testing is required, per UL, CSA and applicable NEC, IEC, standards. The ideal candidate shall also perform “hands on” lab activities, troubleshooting, design verification testing, and fabrication of prototype assemblies. Other responsibilities will include development of product test fixtures and aiding in the introduction of new products into Manufacturing.
Evenlite is a full range manufacturer of emergency lighting products with headquarters in Trevose, PA.
Our Engineering resources and flexible production capabilities enable us to offer a complete line of innovative specification grade lighting products including custom variations and total product solutions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide electronic designs, including schematics and PCB layouts, involving battery charging, high power LED light sources, switching converters and other technologies.
- Utilize PCB Design Tools: proficient with PADS PCB Layout and PADS Logic DX Designer for Schematic capture.
- As part of PCB design the desired candidates shall have a strong working knowledge of IPC and related industry standards, pertaining to the design of rigid and flexible printed circuits boards.
- Develop firmware for microcontrollers in C and Assembly.
- Conduct device testing, perform measurements and evaluate results.
- Evaluate and select electronic components based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Prepare Bills of Materials, fabrication and assembly details plus assembly/test procedures as required to properly and completely document designs.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of Underwriters Laboratories Code requirements. Consult and/or meet with UL representatives to resolve pertinent issues.
- Contribute ideas to the team for continuous improvement, and expansion.
- Participate in and present structured Design Reviews.
Talents and Qualifications:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in power circuit designs.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years minimum design and development experience with analog and microcontroller based circuitry. A design background in the Lighting Industry is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, schematic entry, and PCB layout software, as detailed above; with 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solid Works considered a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Desire to learn, grow, change, and work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities in an organized manner.
Evenlite offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits which include medical, life insurance, and an optional 401(k) plan.
Interested candidates should contact : Jack Desalliers, Director of Manufacturing Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.