This is a remotely based position.
SELL PRODUCTS THAT MAKE AN IMPACT
Are you inspired by fast decision-making, constant innovation, and passionate people? How about a “startup” culture with the resources of a one billion-dollar, 20+ year-old, company?
Cree is a fast growing semiconductor company that is driving the LED lighting revolution. We are a market leading innovator of LED chips, components, modules, and fixtures as well as transistors for wireless and power applications. We do not accept the status quo. We innovate and pioneer. We invent barrier-breaking technology with no compromises.
Cree brings the most groundbreaking products to market and sets the industry standards through our commitment to innovation. If you like being first to market with the highest quality products, keep reading…
We currently have an opening for a Director of Vertical Sales with our Cree Lighting team.
The primary focus of this position is to develop, direct and manage the revenue stream for Cree Lighting’s specification sales organization. This would also include verticals such as Healthcare and Institutional,. Successful job execution requires excellence/responsibility in the total go-to-market process, to include execution of business plans for the division(s), establishing presentation, positioning and messaging to the specification market and being the key influencer for product marketing material development and creation.
This position will be responsible for not only driving revenue through business planning and customer/end-user development, but will also require close collaboration with his/her team and with all field sales touch points including marketing, product development, and customer service. This position must maintain strong relationships with senior management, engineering, applications, production and manufacturing team members.
- Drive specifications of Cree LED Lighting Products with key customers and into significant projects to help close orders
- Develop strong relationships with the key lighting designers and lighting specifiers in assigned territory
- Develop relationships directly and/or through the local sales agency
- Work with the specifier, sales agency, and regional sales director to defend the specification during procurement
- Work with regional sales director to help write project orders
- Develop reputation as an LED lighting authority and drive awareness of Cree products and leadership in the specification community
- Present training seminars at local, regional, and national tradeshows, IES meetings, DOE events, etc.
- Conduct training sessions at significant specification offices that drive product specifications
- Provide market feedback and research for new product development
- Track and identify changing trends in specification behaviors and customer perceptions
- Conduct targeted market research through customer engagement as required
- Help sales develop lead customers for future products
- Achievement of Cree Lighting sales and profit targets in the specification and vertical markets.
- Create sales and marketing programs and set goals for all vertical divisions. The position will require keeping all verticals clearly focused and on track.
- Develop annual business plan for each area, supported with hard revenue targets that align with overall company strategic objectives. The year plan will require quarterly objectives, tactics and targets.
- Manage all business alignment agreements and programs implemented with key accounts or verticals.
- Track and communicate competitive factors, trends, issues and opportunities at regional and national levels.
- Maintain a new business pipeline and relentlessly pursue opportunities to broaden our markets.
- Meets or exceeds quota consistently.
- Establishes clear and measurable objectives and actions.
Must be self-motivated and able to independently manage various complex activities with minimal supervision.
- Maintains detailed customer records on an on-going basis, and provides additional written detail on important customer developments or feedback by request. This includes providing monthly updates on sales-to-quota and market activities.
- Participates professionally and freely with Cree Lighting senior management on the business development and planning process.
- Proactively participates in key planning discussions.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated active listening skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to gain trust and respect from customers’ managerial and sales teams.
- Self-motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives.
- Sound technical aptitude.
- Horizontal and strategic planning skills
- 4-year degree in business or marketing or relevant industry business experience in sales, business development, key account management, or similar.
- 3-5 years general experience in the lighting industry, with a minimum of 3 years experience working with large national customers and lighting distribution.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Research).
- 10+ years in the lighting industry, with 5+ years in key account management.
- Demonstrated history of key account sales/business development success.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
In return for your expertise, Cree offers a challenging work environment, along with a competitive compensation package. We offer a combination of group health and welfare plans and options to our employees to meet their personal needs. In addition, we offer a 401k Plan, Quarterly Incentive Cash Compensation Plan, Life Insurance, Educational Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and an On-Site Fitness Center, just to name a few.
Visit our website www.cree.com/careers and apply online today! If we think you have what we’re looking for, a member of our Recruiting Team will contact you directly.
- Stay in touch with us…
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CreeCareers & http://twitter.com/Cree
- Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CreeLEDRevolution
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/Cree
- Watch us on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreeInc