Job Location: Vancouver, WA
Manage an integrated Business Unit consisting of Metal Fabrication, High Volume, Assembly, Powder Coating, Punch Press and Fabrication and Welding in a manufacturing setting. Will report directly to the VP of Manufacturing with oversite of all areas of manufacturing. The Director is responsible for the following functions.
- Partner with company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long-term and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish standard operating procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established quality standards
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material cost to meet annual budgetary plan
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation
- Supervise and monitor department managers to accomplish goals consistent with established manufacturing and safety standards
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and all other departments
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing (e.g. training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, security, etc.)
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g. plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Work effectively and relate well with others in a professional manner
- Maintain current knowledge of technology and information effecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Knowledge of MRP systems and budgeting
- Desire for tactical entrepreneurial and hands-on role executing growth of a rapidly scaling company
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles
- Broad knowledge of material handling, warehouse operations and transportation
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication: training, team building, negotiation skills, Interdepartmental interaction, leadership and supervision (motivation, directing) and management (planning, budgeting)
- Proven problem solving and analysis skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time salary exempt position
Travel is required for this position
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of experience or combination thereof.
- Minimum 5 years managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer
- Previous leadership experience
- Manufacturing certificates preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should contact: Persi Cernatescu at Sunlight Supply at firstname.lastname@example.org.