Department Lighting Design
Location RAB HQ
RAB Lighting is growing rapidly and is seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Director, Lighting Design to head up a growing team of lighting designers in Northern New Jersey, New York City, Austin and San Francisco. The position is based in Northvale NJ and the team of nearly 20 lighting designers creates lighting designs for our customers and distributor network and specifies appropriate company fixtures (both interior and exterior) for projects. The ideal candidate will have exceptional people management skills, process improvement and process management skills, customer orientation, and a bias for action. Experience in the lighting industry is not necessary but interest and enthusiasm for the revolution occurring in the LED lighting industry is desirable.
· Establish strong and positive leadership for the team
· Manage day-to-day operations of a growing, geographically dispersed team
· Create a productive and positive work environment
· Assess and implement strong process and performance metrics
· Recruit, manage and develop a growing team to meet increasing sales opportunities
Skills and Experience
· 10+ year of experience in leadership positions
· Prior experience managing large team (>30) with multiple layers
· Prior experience in customer-focused role
· Prior experience with process improvement and process management – Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, lighting design or related field of study, MBA a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
· Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making
RAB offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Benefits include: insurance (health, dental, and disability), 401(k) matching, education assistance (tuition reimbursement), paid vacation, holiday, and sick/personal days. We're serious about finding good people and treating them well.
RAB Lighting is committed to creating high quality, affordable, well designed and energy-efficient LED lighting and controls that make it easy for distributors to sell, electricians to install, and end-users to save energy. Founded in 1946, RAB has a vibrantly growing infrastructure of manufacturing facilities and engineering capabilities that ensure great product design and quality.
Interested candidates should apply here.