Acuity Brands, the market leader in innovative, technologically advanced, sustainable lighting products and solutions is looking to add a Design Engineer at our Mark Lighting facility. Located in Edison, NJ, Mark Lighting is approximately 45 minutes from New York City and close to public transportation. Known for customizable specialty lighting products, we provide high levels of customer satisfaction and collaboration.
The role of design engineer is to design and develop products from concept through production. This will focus on new product development, but may include modifications to standard and custom product. This also requires adherence to the Acuity Brands design process, and the ability to understand and apply lean manufacturing principles in all phases of the design process. This person will interface with the other members of the Engineering, Customer Care, Fabrication, and Assembly Departments. The position will provide support in all areas for the projects he/she is involved in.
The ideal candidate is bright, creative and motivated to excel. The individual must possess a sense of urgency, results orientation, strong communication skills, and a mindset for continuous improvement. Acuity Brands offers a friendly supportive work environment, excellent benefits, & strong career growth opportunities.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering - preferably mechanical, industrial, or mechanical engineering technology.
- 3-5 years professional experience in a mechanical product design capacity
- Proficiency in: Autodesk AutoCAD, Inventor (Solidworks or ProE acceptable) and MS Office
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, related machinery and tooling, extrusions, and castings
- Preferred - knowledge of lighting and lighting components including electrical systems, lighting controls, and LED lighting
Please apply by submitting your resume on our website: www.acuitybrands.com.