Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Greater Boston Area
$180K - $200K commensurate with experience, plus performance bonus and competitive benefits package.
Reports to Owner
Established in 2009 and headquartered in Massachusetts, our client has a strong presence in the LED lighting industry. The company’s first alliance was with OSRAM Sylvania and Siemens in the production of fixtures using its phosphor embedded polymers. Building off that platform, our client has spent over 7 years developing and manufacturing an array of industry-leading products.
Our client’s CEO must be an inspiring leader and a thoughtful manager. We are looking for an experienced C-Level exec to provide leadership, management and vision to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, people systems, and administrative/reporting procedures, in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The ideal candidate will hold the “view from the bridge” while directing performance that enhances the company’s cash flow while keeping in mind our reputation for quality and innovation. The CEO reports to the Owner of the company.
Vision & Goals
- Working with the Owner and Management Team, create and solidify goals and vision for future growth of company
- Prepare high level business strategies and plans to ensure alignment with company vision and goals
- Develop short-term and long-term objectives that are designed to meet strategic goals
- Assure that proper resources are available to achieve objectives and goals
- Make high quality decisions to advance the business and increase profits
Fiscal, Financial, Budgets & Cash Flow:
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of the organization’s fiscal function and performance
- Direct department heads to create budgets
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
Relationships & Industry:
- Partner with high-level officers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability
- Build trust relations with key partners and customers to act as a point of contact
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the lighting market and industry
- Represent the company as required, including attendance at important functions, industry events and public meetings
- Minimum of two years in CEO role or five years in other relevant senior executive position in the lighting industry
- Minimum five years experience with LED technology
- Undergraduate degree required with a strong preference for a technical degree. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the implementation and monitoring of sound fiscal and operational management
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office, ERP, CRM)
Please let us know if you are interested in applying for this position or can recommend qualified candidates. Kindly forward all inquires with the job title in the Subject Line to: email@example.com . Please include your resume as a Word.docx or PDF attachment. This search is time-sensitive. Thanks in advance for your interest. No phone calls please.