We are a Global Lighting Company specializing in the manufacturing and distribution of C & I fixtures and accessories. We are currently seeking an experienced Central States Regional Sales Manager, to act as the key point of contact between our customers and our Company on the East Coast.
The Regional Manger’s primary focus is on new sales, securing orders and providing the highest level of service and support. In addition, continually maintain and strive to meet the company’s expectations with regards to goals, representation, philosophy and company culture. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to: customer service functions, i.e. customer field support, application support, technical support, training and other services as necessary.
This position requires working directly with assigned company partners and customers and is the primary basis for our customer’s perception of the company. As such, it is an essential role and has a critical responsibility for achieving our corporate goal of being our external partner’s manufacturer of choice.
- Be the “go-to” for customers by providing timely follow-up on phone calls, e-mails, quotations, technical inquiries and other requests.
- Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of territory marketing plans and strategies.
- Provides field training, information/documentation support and trouble-shooting assistance.
- Submit timely trip and activity reports.
- Maintain Project/Opportunity & Quotation updates and status within CRM program.
- Regularly review current Partner sales per plan and develop on-going initiatives to drive sales in lower performing regions.
- Provide on-going product feedback and marketing updates.
- Manage and coordinate travel activities according to the company standards & policies.
- Timely and accurately document and submit travel and entertainment expenses to National Sales Manager for approval.
- Processes sample, quotation and product information requests.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting as required by the National Sales Manager
- Participate in activities, trade shows, benefit and industry functions that do not always occur during “normal” business hours.
- Monitor and report the effectiveness of our current Rep Partners, while researching and recommending new Partners for replacement and/or to expand into areas lacking representation.
- Other duties as required by the National Sales Manager.
- Monitors and communicates to senior leadership business trends, distribution patterns, consumer and trade attitudes, competitive practices, and product performance
- Foster an environment of accountability, embrace change and change management and lead by example
This position requires an outgoing personality with excellent communication skills and the perseverance to reach or surpass benchmarks. Also required is a complete understanding of all of our products, services and modes of operation related to continued support, development and growth of our customers and partners.
- Possess and demonstrate an outgoing, friendly personality and drive that will produce excellent results.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to excel at all support levels (sales, technical, reporting) and training to the Company Partners, clients and fellow associates to meet and/or exceed individual and corporate sales and profit objectives.
- Ability to evaluate and resolve problems with multiple concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time within North America.
- Ability to independently research, analyze and utilize available resources in order to provide comprehensive answers to customer inquiries.
- Self-driven and motivated in managing own time and activities as well as that of supporting resources.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Excellent presentation, i.e. PowerPoint, lectures, etc.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Word & CRM.
- Must be licensed to drive a car in the USA with documented auto insurance.
- Must be able to work independently from a “home office” while maintaining and cultivating an active team member role. Preferred candidates location: Texas, New Mexico or Colorado.
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of three-years of prior sales experience; preferably in a lighting, controls or related products, distribution or product environment.
- LC Certification a plus.
- Able to travel by car, rail or plane for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry excess of 20lbs.
- Walk distances of 100 yards or greater.
- Sit for long periods of time while looking at a computer screen.
- Ability to drive and operate a motor vehicle.
- Live within the assigned territory and near a major airport.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com.