EXCLUSIVE: Must credit EdisonReport
We contacted a senior spokesperson for Philips Lighting regarding the layoffs. Here is what we learned:
- The 2200 was announced publicly earlier this month and we as yet do not know how it will break down.
- There was an overall reduction in force of 85, including Canada that is a reflection of responding to market conditions normal in a business cycle.
- There were 8 people on Bob Carswell’s team impacted. Bob Carswell is the Vice President of Sales at Philips Daybrite.
- Lightolier lost one commercial sales rep. Stonco and Crescent product will continue to be sold, the only change is that it will be done through Lightolier – some of the management positions at Stonco and Cresent have been consolidated, with 8 management positions affected.
- The announcements were done Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- We have always had a One Philips approach in the US to better serve our customers.