Las Vegas, May 9, 2012—Just hours ago, LIGHTFAIR International (LFI), the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference, opened at the Las Vegas Convention Center—now in its 23rd edition. Thousands of attendees flooded the exhibit hall ready to discover the most innovative products on the largest trade show floor in LFI history.
LFI 2012 welcomed attendees from across the U.S. and around the world to more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the lighting industry’s newest products and technologies. Preceding and setting the stage for the Trade Show opening was the celebrated LFI Innovation Awards®, which featured 228 entries representing the latest lighting-related products and designs introduced during the last 12 months. The energy and excitement were evident and expected to continue through the close of the show on Friday.
The LFI Innovation Awards submissions spanned 14 categories, with each submission judged by an independent panel of lighting professionals. The winners were awarded for product entries that exemplify the best in innovative design and thinking. The 2012 key award winners are:
- CAST LIGHTING (LED Perimeter Light): Most Innovative Product of the Year—the program’s highest award, recognizing the most innovative new product, booth 5545;
- SENSITILE SYSTEMS (Fin Light Fixture): Design Excellence Award—recognizing outstanding achievement in design, booth 1839;
- JUNO LIGHTING GROUP BY SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC (WarmDim™ LED Downlights): Technical Innovation Award—recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology, booth 2530;
- LIGHTING SCIENCE GROUP (DEFINITY™ Motion Activated PAR 30): Judges’ Citation Award—special recognition of an innovative product at the judges’ discretion, booth 215.
LFI has also awarded ten exhibitors that excelled in visual booth display and product presentation. The 2012 Best Booth Award Winners are:
- 100 Square Feet: DASAL INDUSTRIES, #6532
- 200 to 300 Square Feet: LUMENETIX, #6641
- 400 to 500 Square Feet: AURORALIGHT, INC., #6735
- 600 to 800 Square Feet: US DOE SOLID-STATE LIGHTING, #813
- 900 Square Feet and Larger: TECH LIGHTING - GENERATION BRANDS, #3808
- Building Integration Pavilion: DIAL GmbH, #6015
- Daylighting Pavilion: HOMERUN HOLDINGS, INC. - QMOTION SHADES, #5715
- Design Pavilion: XAL INC., #1639
- Global Light + Design Pavilion: MP LIGHTING, INC., #1930
- New Exhibitor Pavilion: PINNACLE ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING, INC., #419
The LIGHTFAIR Daylighting Institute® and the LIGHTFAIR Institute® took place as part of the Pre-Conference program on Monday, May 7 – Tuesday, May 8, 2012 and the LFI Trade Show and Conference will run Wednesday, May 9 – Friday, May 11, 2012. For more information about LIGHTFAIR International, please visit www.lightfair.com and download the LFI Mobile App at m.lightfair.com.
LIGHTFAIR International is the world’s largest annual commercial and architectural lighting trade show and conference and is sponsored by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES). The event is produced and managed by AMC, Inc.